Town Clerk, Town of Pawleys Island
Position Category: Administration
Full-time, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, with some on nights and weekends
This position plays a central role in delivering governmental services to the property owners of the Town of Pawleys Island and the daily operations of the Town Hall facility. The following are the primary expectations and core responsibilities associated with this position. This position is diverse in nature, so periodically, the staff member may be called upon to perform work tasks in addition to the items listed in this Job Description.
- Oversee Town Hall operations including managing the reception area, the purchase of office and maintenance supplies for the Administrative and Police Departments and maintenance staff. Ensure that recurring maintenance services are scheduled.
- Primary oversight of the Town budget, including preparation of the annual budget for Town Administrator/ Town Council review. Ensure invoices are processed and accounted for. Prepare financial reports for monthly Town Council meetings. Assist with the preparation of the annual audit.
- Manage the Town’s website and social media accounts.
- Prepare meeting packets and draft minutes for Town Council and all appointed board meetings.
- Assist with responding to and fulfilling Freedom of Information Act requests.
- Assist with the administration of the Building Department. Duties include providing information about the building permit requirements, receiving building permits and conducting preliminary
reviews, tracking inspection schedules in the online database, conducting site visits as necessary, and assisting the Building Official with other tasks as requested.
- Research case studies or other policy resources to assist with zoning interpretations and ordinance amendment proposals.
- Assist with activities that lead to the implementation of goals and objectives outlined in the Comprehensive Plan or other supporting planning initiatives.
- Research grant opportunities and assist with the preparation of grant proposals. Assist with the administration of grants that are secured by the town.
- Oversee the administration of the annual golf cart permit program.
- Assist with the coordination of town-sponsored events.
College Education: Minimum Associates Degree, Bachelors Degree Preferred. Minimum of one previous year of work experience related to job duties described above. Previous internship experience meets the work experience qualification. Core skills desired include: Effective written and verbal communication skills; organizational skills including financial and permitting record keeping; ability to promptly retrieve existing information and research new topics; basic computer skills with proficiency in website management and utilization of Word, Excel, PowerPoint (familiarity with accounting software a plus); and willingness to learn.
Salary and Benefits:
Starting salary is $40,000-$49,000 depending on educational attainment and previous professional experience. State Employee Health Insurance and 401K match benefits.
How to apply:
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and a list of references (minimum 3) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Friday, February 2, 2024, or until position is filled.
The Town of Pawleys Island is an Equal Opportunity Employer