As the situation continues to change rapidly, our top priority remains the health, safety, and well-being of our community and staff.
The Federal Government has issued new guidelines and recommendations for the public to slow the spread of the Coronavirus, including avoiding groups of more than 10 people and urging older Americans to stay home and avoid discretionary travel and social visits.
Given the potential impact the COVID-19 pandemic can cause in our community, in conjunction with the declaration by the Governor that South Carolina is in a state of emergency, the Town of Pawleys Island is implementing the following immediately:
- Beginning March 18, 2020, Town Hall will be closed to the public and all administrative Town business will move to virtual and phone operations until further notice.
- All Town phone lines and emails are functioning normally, please continue to contact staff as normal for your business needs.
- We encourage all citizens to delay all nonessential business and walk-in customer service. We will not issue golf cart permits or beach fire permits during this time.
- Police and fire services will operate normally. Call 911 if you have an emergency.
- Parking and Court tickets can be paid by mail to 323 Myrtle Avenue, Pawleys Island, SC 29585
- Municipal Court, originally scheduled for March 18, 2020, will be postponed to April 15, 2020.
- Those seeking permits from the Building office may print permit application forms online at http://www.georgetowncountysc.org/building/. Completed applications and scanned copies of plans may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Credit card payments can be made by calling the Building Department at (843) 545-3116. Check payments can be mailed to Georgetown County Building Department, P.O. Drawer 421270, Georgetown, SC, 29442. For assistance, or if you are unable to access our permits online, please contact the Building Department at (843) 545-3116.
- Those seeking permits from the Planning and Zoning Department may print permit application forms online at http://www.georgetowncountysc.org/Planning/. Completed applications and scanned copies of attachments may be emailed to email@example.com. Credit card payments can be made by calling the Building Department at (843) 545-3116. Check payments and hard copies can be mailed to Georgetown County Planning Department, P.O. Drawer 421270, Georgetown, SC, 29442. For assistance, or if you are unable to access our applications online, please contact the Planning Department at 843-545-3158 or the Zoning Department at 843-545-3602.
- Questions regarding Town Council can be sent to Diane Allen at firstname.lastname@example.org or 843-237-1698.