|Town Clerk, Town of Pawleys Island
Position Category: Administration
Full time, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, with some on nights and weekends
- Prepares agendas and agenda packets for the Town Council meetings, notifies the Council, appropriate Town staff, the news media and other interested parties of the date and time of the Council meetings; takes notes, records minutes, transcribes and logs minutes into the minutes book and maintains Council records for public examination.
- Answers the telephone; provides assistance to callers and/or forwards calls to appropriate personnel; takes and relays messages. Greets and directs visitors.
- Performs other routine clerical duties as required, including but not limited to scanning, copying and filing documents, retrieving files, sending and receiving faxes and e-mails, assembling and collating documents.
- Administers services and programs designed to support the Town Administrator, Mayor, Council, employees and the general public.
- Requires a high school diploma or GED equivalent with three to five years of experience in customer service, clerical or secretarial work; or any equivalent combination of training and experience, which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Ability and willingness to quickly learn and put to use new skills and knowledge brought about by rapidly changing information and/or technology.
- Ability to perform a wide variety of duties and responsibilities with accuracy and speed under the pressure of time-sensitive deadlines.
- Office experience in local government or government organization is preferred.
- Candidate must possess a valid state driver’s license or be able to obtain one.
Salary based on qualifications and experience; competitive benefits package.
How to apply:
A completed application, resume and cover letter must be submitted by 5:00 p.m. Friday, May 6, 2022, either electronically to Ryan Fabbri via firstname.lastname@example.org, or by mail to the Town of Pawleys Island, Attention: Ryan Fabbri, 323 Myrtle Avenue, Pawleys Island, SC 29585.
The Town of Pawleys Island is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Town of Pawleys Island does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age marital status, or National Origin.